The enemy is likely to shift to firing from any restricted fire areas he can identify.
What does RFA stand for?
RFA stands for Restricted Fire Area
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of RFA
We have 213 other meanings of RFA in our Acronym Attic
- Request For Assistance
- Request for Authorization
- Request for Federal Assistance (form)
- Request for Final Approval
- Request Further Airways
- Réseau Financement Alternatif (French: Alternative Financing Network; Belgium)
- Reserve Forces Act
- Reserved for Future Assignment
- Resonance Frequency Analysis
- Responsible Fishing Alliance (various locations)
- Restricted Free Agent (professional sports)
- Restrictive Fire Area
- Results for America (Civil Society Institute)
- Retired Firefighters Association
- Right Femoral Artery
- Right Forearm
- Robin Fogarty & Associates (Chicago, IL)
- Robust Fuel Assembly (nuclear power)
- Rocky Flats Authorization (to ship)
- Rome Free Academy (Rome, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Some are essentially restricted fire areas (RFAs) protecting friendly troops, while others are ACAs focusing air assets on an indicated area.
These measures evolved into the airspace coordination area (ACA), no fire area (NFA) and restricted fire area (RFA).
Using civil affairs and military intelligence assets as resources, it can establish no-fire areas (NEAs) and restricted fire areas (RFAs).