PRICER (protection, rest, ice, compression, elevation, rehabilitation - for soft tissue injuries).
What does RICE stand for?
RICE stands for Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation (injury treatment)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RICE
We have 32 other meanings of RICE in our Acronym Attic
- Racing Inspired Cosmetic Equipment (cars)
- Radar Interface & Control Equipment
- Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engine
- Regional Interactions of Climate and Ecosystems
- Regular Interlaboratory Counting Exchange
- Remote Instrumentation Collaboration Environment (Ohio Supercomputer Center)
- Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, and Extensions
- Research Institute of Construction and Economy (est. 1982; Japan)
- Research, Innovation, Creativity and Enterprise
- Respect, Integrity, Courage and Excellence (success motto)
- Rest, Immobilize, Cold, Elevate (first Aid, fractures)
- Rice Cultivation and Trace Gas Exchange
- Rice Inter-Church Evangelism
- Rotary Internal Combustion Engine
- Riga International College of Economics and Business Administration (Latvia)
- Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements and Forms
- Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Extensions, Forms and Workflow
- Radar, IFF & CIC Equipment Room
- Rest Ice Compress Elevate Reassure (mnemonic for treatment of strain or sprain)
- Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation, Referral
Samples in periodicals archive:
A TO treat minor strains and sprains, it helps to remember RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.
David Thordarson, associate professor of orthopedic surgery at USC Keck School of Medicine, offers the RICE rule: rest, ice, compression, elevation.