The GREaT Foundation, which took over fundraising from the Responsibility in Gambling Trust, was set the target - 42 per cent higher than the previous year - by the government and the Responsible Gambling Strategy Board.
What does RIGT stand for?
RIGT stands for Responsibility in Gambling Trust (UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of RIGT in our Acronym Attic
- Rural Income Generation Project (various aid organizations)
- Rhode Island Genealogical Register (est. 1978)
- Rio Grande Wild and Scenic River (US National Park Service)
- Center for Research on International and Global Studies (University of California, Irvine)
- Radio Immuno Guided Surgery
- Reconnaissance/Intelligence Ground Systems
- Regionally Important Geological Site
- Repeat Induced Gene Silencing (biology)
- Research Institute for Growth Strategy (Japan)
- Rhode Island Genealogical Society (Greenville, RI)
- Research Institute of Geodesy, Topography and Cartography (Czech Republic)
- Research Institute for Groundwater (National Water Research Center; Egypt)
- Ramapo Indian Hills (New Jersey high school)
- Registered Industrial Hygienist (Association of Professional Industrial Hygienists)
- Rest in Heaven
- Rest in Hell
- Rhode Island Hospital (Providence, Rhode Island)
- Rhode Island Housing
- Right Inguinal Hernia
- Roast in Hell
Samples in periodicals archive:
Burnham also said he was giving casino operators one last chance to contribute to the responsibility in gambling trust, which works to research and limit problem gambling, or face the introduction of a statutory levy, as proposed by the Archbishop of Canterbury.
MacAskill said money raised by the levy should go to the Responsibility in Gambling Trust, who provide counselling for those addicted to gambling.
So in exchange for liberalisation, the industry pledged to pay a voluntary levy into its own charity, the sententiously titled Responsibility in Gambling Trust.
What was once the Responsibility in Gambling Trust, tigerish fundraiser for the treatment of problem gambling, today becomes the Gambling Research, Education and Treatment foundation, or GREaT.
In the UK, the gambling industry already supports the Responsibility in Gambling Trust, which funds GamCare, a charity that operates a national helpline and counselling services for people with a gambling dependency.
Greenway, chairman of the government-backed Responsibility in Gambling Trust (RIGT), also argued against an increase in the rate of duty from the standpoint of funding for research, education and treatment of problem gambling.
Byline: Howard Wright AS THE threat that the government will impose a statutory levy on betting and gaming firms to finance research, education and training on problem gambling recedes, the body that has led on the issue, the Responsibility in Gambling Trust (RIGT), has agreed to examine its constitution, writes Howard Wright.