Prophylactic administration of respiratory syncytial virus immune globulin to high-risk infants and young children.
What does RSVIG stand for?
RSVIG stands for Respiratory Syncytial Virus Immune Globulin
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Richmond Swale Valley Community Initiative (UK)
- Robust Single Value Decomposition
- Random Steering Vector Error
- Reconstituted Sendai Virus Envelope
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus Glycoprotein (microbiology)
- Reverse Saphenous Vein Graft
- Rhein Sieg Verkehrsgesellschaft mbH (German)
- Recording Service for Visually Handicapped (Falls Church, VA)
- Reading Service for the Visually Impaired
- Rishi Samskruti Vidya Kendra (California)
- Roche (Shanghai) Vitamins Limited
- Roseville (city in Placer County, California)
- Ram Seminal Vesicle Microsomal (biochemistry)
- Rat Seminal Vesicle Mesenchyme
- Reduced Support Vector Machine (information engineering)
- Reduced Vertical Seperation Minima
- Republic of South Vietnam Navy
- Regionalverbände Südlicher Oberrhein (German)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Newly Published Study Shows Clear Benefits of Prophylaxis Against Virulent Winter Virus this month's issue of Pediatrics shows that prophylactic infusions of RespiGam(TM), Respiratory Syncytial Virus Immune Globulin Intravenous (Human) (RSV-IGIV), reduce respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) hospitalizations among premature infants and infants with a chronic lung condition called bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD).
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) voted to recommend Respiratory Syncytial Virus Immune Globulin Intravenous (Human) (RSV-IGIV) for licensure by the FDA.