Both Universal Bills (UBs) and MDSs submitted without them become fair game for Recovery Audits (RAs) and consequent denial and application of a default Resource Utilization Group (RUG), with an ultimate refund to Medicare.
What does RUG stand for?
RUG stands for Resource Utilization Group
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RUG
We have 51 other meanings of RUG in our Acronym Attic
- Raising Up A Family to the Lord (Gene Cook book)
- Radar Upgrade
- Rational Users Group (software)
- Really Useful Guide
- Reference User Group
- Regionale Uitgeversgroep NV
- Regular Unleaded Gas
- Regular Unleaded Gasoline
- Representatives Users Group
- Resource Utilization Gathering
- Resource Utilization Grouping
- Retrograde Urethrogram
- Rijksuniversiteit Gent
- Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (Netherlands)
- Ruby Users Group (various locations)
- Rugby (Amtrak station code; Rugby, ND)
- RXTE (Rossi X-Ray Timing Explorer) User Group
- Universiteit Gent (Ghent University; formerly Rijksuniversiteit Gent; Gent, Belgium)
- Really Useful Garden Company (Wakfield, England, UK)
- Reverse Under Gravel Filtration (aquarium)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 2009 the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) finalized a regulation that would make significant changes in the skilled nursing facility (SNF) Medicare payment system -- technically referred to as resource utilization groups (RUGs).
The RUG factor In addition to the effect of the full CBSA wage index, facilities are also dealing with a change in their revenue stream resulting from the implementation of the new Resource Utilization Group (RUG) system, better known as RUGs 53.
All of the care plans featured in The Big Book of Care Plans are also located on the companion CD-ROM, ready to be individualized for key areas such as Medicare Resource Utilization Groups, high-risk issues, such as pressure ulcers and falls, and common care planning needs such as hospice care and Urinary Tract Infections.
CMS determines its SNF payments using a case-mix classification system known as Resource Utilization Groups (RUG).
Some don't seem to understand the basics of the Minimum Data Set (MDS) system, the amount of training and education MDS coordinators need to function, and the operational risks they face with inaccurate data, inappropriate Resource Utilization Group (RUG) scores, and incorrect quality indicators/quality measures (QI/QM).
Beginning in January, skilled nursing facilities are facing $750 million in new federal cuts per year due to changes in Medicare's Resource Utilization Group (RUGs) payment mechanism.
In addition, an abbreviated Resource Utilization Group (RUG) evaluation function provides a rapid assessment tool to project reimbursement under the Medicare Prospective Payment System (PPS).