QR Codes can be used to display text to the user, to add a vCard contact to the user's device, to open a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) or to compose an email or text message.
What does RID stand for?
RID stands for Resource Identifier (ISO 7816)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RID
We have 107 other meanings of RID in our Acronym Attic
- Remote Identifier
- Remove Intoxicated Drivers
- Request Information for Display (Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise)
- Requirement Identifier
- Requirements for Integration Document
- Requirements Identification Document
- Research and Institutional Development (India)
- Research Information Division (LDS Church)
- Resonant-Inductive Degeneration
- Resort of International Distinction (quality rating)
- Response Identification (ANSI)
- Restless, Irritable and Discontented (Alcoholics Anonymous)
- Retail in Detail
- Review Item Discrepancy
- Review Item Disposition
- Richmond, Indiana (Airport Code)
- Rimessa Interbancaria Diretta (Italian: type of banking transaction)
- Robots in Disguise (Transformers comic)
- Rotary International District (Bangladesh)
- Router ID (OSPF)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It extends the GDA interface with four new functions which allow users to lock specific resources by specifying the array of unique resource identifiers (ResourceID), unlock previously locked resources, get lock state of one specific resource or the state of all locked resources.
This adaptation of RESTful requests sent by client applications and arrived on Task Layer, to the real resource identifiers on Entity Layer is made by Resource Dispatcher.
The publications - RFC 3986, STD 66 Uniform Resource Identifier (URI): Generic Syntax and RFC 3987 Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs) - cover the design, syntax and resolution of URIs, as well as security considerations, normalization and comparison and the importance and guidelines of IRIs, respectively.
The Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards (OASIS) will create a standard for Extensible Resources Identifiers (XRIs), compatible with Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs).
IPP is generally implemented on newer, networked printers, giving them a Universal Resource Identifier (URI), an IP address, and the ability to print jobs that users send over the Internet.
We intentionally designed XRD to be as simple as possible but no simpler, so that it can be used for many different resource description and discovery purposes," explained Peter Davis of Neustar, co-chair of the OASIS Extensible Resource Identifier (XRI) Technical Committee.
It proposes adding four new functions to the GDA interface which would allow users to lock specific resources by specifying the array of unique resource identifiers (ResourceID), unlock previously locked resources, get lock state of specified resource or of all locked resources.