Resistance is futile, you're going to love Burning Skies.
What does RIF stand for?
RIF stands for Resistance Is Futile (Star Trek)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of RIF
We have 133 other meanings of RIF in our Acronym Attic
- Refit Industrial Facility
- Regional Innovation Fund (UK)
- Registre International Français (French: French International Register)
- Registro de Identificación Fiscal (Venezuelan IRS)
- Relative Importance Factor (classification feature selection)
- Rencontres de l'Ichtyologie en France (French: Meetings of Ichthyology in France)
- Renju International Federation
- Repeated Implantation Failure
- Research Institute of Fruits (Indonesia)
- Réseaux en Ile-de-France (French regional music broadcasters' association)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Resistance is futile," THE BORG, STAR TREK "Hasta la vista, baby," THE TERMINATOR IN THE TERMINATOR "I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse," VITO CORLEONE, THE GODFATHER "I'm the Anti-Christ.
We know it's only just been Bonfire Night, but the countdown's on and resistance is futile.
RESISTANCE is futile, as those Borg characters used to say on Star Trek, and I'm starting to believe they are spot-on.
We're now in the second series and resistance is futile if you're a sucker for a particular brand of basic comedy (think an even sillier version of recent Channel 4 hit Plus One).
This year, like every year, I've decided resistance is futile and no matter how high and mighty I am about Big Brother, I know that by the end of the month, I'll be watching morons in a Jacuzzi with all the concentration of an air traffic controller.
That condition is considered to be present when an accused's actions involve an abuse of power that, coupled with surrounding circumstances, creates ``a reasonable belief in the victim's mind that death or physical injury would be inflicted on her and resistance is futile.