The residual urine volume is usually less than 100 ml D.
What does RUV stand for?
RUV stands for Residual Urine Volume
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RUV
We have 4 other meanings of RUV in our Acronym Attic
- Rijksuniversiteit Utrecht
- ROM (Read-Only Memory) Update Utility
- Reno Unix Users Group (Nevada)
- Reports from Uppsala University Linguistics (Sweden)
- Real United User Network (gaming network; Germany)
- Rancangan Undang-undang Penanggulangan Bencana (Indonesian: Disaster Relief Bill)
- Rancangan Undang-Undang Penanaman Modal (Indonesian: Bill of Investment)
- Radiations Ultraviolettes (French: Ultraviolet Radiation)
- Raiffeisen Und Volksbanken Versicherung (German insurance company)
- Registered Ultimate Vendor
- Ríkisútvarpið (Icelandic National Broadcasting Corporation)
- Riot Utility Vehicle
- Reading University Volleyball Club (University of Reading; Reading, England, UK)
- Rhesus Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells
- Remote Universal Voice Grade (telecommunications)
- Resource Unit for Visually Impaired People (Mitchell Library; Glasgow, Scotland, UK)
- Rural Village (GIS database work)
- Reinfusion of UV Irradiated Blood
- Regieren Und Verwalten Im Informationszeitalter (German: Governance and Managing in the Information Age)
- Reflective Ultraviolet Imaging System
Samples in periodicals archive:
The International Prostate Symptom Score in a community-based sample of men between 55 and 74 years of age: prevalence and correlation of symptoms with age, prostate volume, flow rate and residual urine volume.
Results: Maximum pouch capacity, compliance, maximum flow rate and mean residual urine volume were 320.
Assessments included prostate volume (PV) by transrectal ultrasound (TRUS), maximum flow rate (Qmax) on uroflowmetry, post-void residual urine volume (PVR), International Prostate Symptom Score (IPSS), prostate specific antigen (PSA) levels, serum chemistry, and adverse events.
Once the catheter is removed, the suprapubic tube serves as a means to check the post void residual urine volume.
The reported minimum postvoid residual urine volume requiring catheterization ranges from 100 ml (Chan, 1993; Fowler, 1999; Lewis, 1995) to 200 ml (U.
The group treated with chondroitinase demonstrated improved efficiency in bladder emptying, as measured by decreased residual urine volumes.
LUTS do not correlate well with prostate volume, maximum urinary flow rate, post-void residual urine volume or BOO as determined by urodynamic evaluation.