People returned to live on Rongelap in 1957 but fled again in 1985 amid fears -- later proved correct -- about residual radiation.
What does RESRAD stand for?
RESRAD stands for Residual Radiation (environmental analysis)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Rotorcraft Efficient and Safe Procedures for Critical Trajectories (project)
- Responsible Property Officer
- Responsible Organization
- Renewable Energy Small Power Project (Indonesia; World Bank)
- Regional Earth System Predictability Research (trade contracting business; Santa Fe, NM)
- Real Estate Services Providers Council
- Responsible Production (US DoD)
- Really Eclectic String Quartet
- Recycled Experimental Storage Ring (nuclear technology)
- Radar Environment Simulator System
- Radar Environmental Simulation System
- Rapid Expansion of Supercritical Solutions
- Realistic Equine Sculpture Society
- Rechargeable Energy Storage System
- Regulatory Electronic Submission System (Ontario, Canada)
- Religious Education Support Service (Ireland)
- Repeatable Execution Sequence Set
- Ryerson Engineering Student Society (Ryerson University)
- Rural Extension Studies Student Association (established 1999)
Samples in periodicals archive:
During their operational life, the cables will be subject to harsh conditions, such as severe environmental high pressures and temperatures as well as residual radiations.
Residual radiation is present in the Tokamaks however staff are protected from this by a system involving 900 tonne, 3ft thick concrete doors, meaning that the exposure to radiation in the control room is actually lower than outside in the natural environment as the shielding blocks out all the background radiation that would otherwise be present.
The International Atomic Energy Agency has recommended that the highest planned residual radiation over one year be in the range of 20 to 100 millisieverts in an emergency.
KINS) said residual radiation detection gates have been set up at Incheon and
George Gamow realised that if there had been a Big Bang then there must still be residual radiation left from the enormous heat when the Universe was born.
residual radiation or ozone and therefore provide a completely safe and environmentally friendly solution for hygiene sensitive businesses.
Residual radiation would have remained in the air and soil, even after a long period of time after the explosion.