after a worker on patrol found seawater leaking from the plastic hose in the residual heat removal system earlier in the morning, according to the utility known as TEPCO.
What does RHRS stand for?
RHRS stands for Residual Heat Removal System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RHRS
We have 2 other meanings of RHRS in our Acronym Attic
- Reproductive Health Research Network (World Health Organization Eastern Mediterranean Regional Office)
- Right Here Right Now
- Russian Harm Reduction Network
- Reserve Health Readiness Program
- Right-Handed Relief Pitcher (baseball)
- Regionale Hulpverleningsdienst Rotterdam-Rijnmond (Dutch: Rotterdam-Rijnmond Regional Emergency; paramedics; Netherlands)
- Round Holland Reliability Run (car race)
- Rural Health Research Register
- Reactor Heat-Removal System
- Regional Horticultural Research Station (Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, India)
- Revised Hazard Ranking System
- Rockfall Hazard Rating System (US DOT)
- Rolling Hills Recording Studios (Maryland)
- Revised Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression (psychology)
- Rabbit Hole Radio Theatre (OpenStage Theatre & Company; Colorado)
- Reproductive Health Research Unit (South Africa)
- Reaching Higher Reaching Wider (UK)
- Radford High School (Honolulu, Hawaii)
- Radiation Health and Safety
- Rahway High School (New Jersey)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The valve and the entire residual heat removal system are important parts of the plant's overall safety system.
lt;br /> -At 5:00 am on March 19th, we started the Residual Heat Removal System Pump (C) in order to cool the spent fuel pool.
The utility found during checks of electric-operated valves in the residual heat removal system at the plant's No.
The points made by the statement include: (1) utmost efforts must be made to both prevent the release of a large amount of radioactive substances and to reactivate the residual heat removal system which internally circulates water to cool reactors and spent fuel storages, (2) spent nuclear fuel must be completely immersed in water, (3) detailed measurement of radioactivity both in the air and the soil in various areas and assessment of their effects must be announced so that area-specific measures can be taken and (4) residents should be fully informed before and after radioactive substances are vented from reactors.
The company is also wiping out radioactive materials remaining in the residual heat removal system.