The Residential Sound Insulation Program (RSIP) is one element in a larger noise compatibility plan voluntarily initiated by DTW which included the installation of noise berms around the airport's perimeter, the acquisition of homes most impacted by airport related noise, modified air traffic control procedures, preferential runway use and aircraft engine ground run-up procedures.
What does RSIP stand for?
RSIP stands for Residential Sound Insulation Program
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RSIP
We have 14 other meanings of RSIP in our Acronym Attic
- Rural Stress Information Network (Stoneleigh Park, England, UK)
- Reinforcing Steel Institute of Ontario (Canada)
- Remote Storage IO (Input/Output)
- Rio Salado Interim Overlay District (Phoenix, AZ)
- Resident Senior Inspector of Works (Hong Kong)
- Radar System Improvement Program
- Realm Specific Internet Protocol
- Realm Specific IP (Internet Protocol)
- Regional Shore Infrastructure Planning
- Repetitive Stress Injury Program (work safety)
- Restart in Progress
- Retirement Savings Investment Plan
- Royal Solomon Islands Police (Australia)
- Radial Science Instrument Protective Enclosure
- Road Safety and Injury Prevention Officer (Australia)
- Revised Speech Intelligibility Rating
- Rajaratnam School of International Studies (Singapore)
- Ramsar Sites Information Service (wetlands data)
- Robotic Systems Integration Standards
- Role of Science in the Information Society (conference)
Samples in periodicals archive:
One of the programs that Manchester Airport is quite proud of is its residential sound insulation program.
Among the most widely recognized programs are the Air Quality Program, which includes adopting alternative-fuel vehicles and a voluntary rideshare program; Solid Waste Reduction and Recycling Program; Water and Energy Conservation Programs; and the free, voluntary Residential Sound Insulation Programs at LAX, VNY, and ONT, which allow airport neighbors to retrofit their homes with sound-insulating materials to reduce the impact of aircraft noise.
2 /PRNewswire/ -- In an annual survey of homeowners who have taken part in the Metropolitan Airports Commission's (MAC) Part 150 residential sound insulation program, 96 percent say that aircraft noise has been reduced inside their homes.