Thousands of victims, some in their early teens, were tortured and used as virtual slaves but are not entitled to payments under the Residential Institutions Redress Board.
What does RIRB stand for?
RIRB stands for Residential Institutions Redress Board (Ireland)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RIRB
We have 2 other meanings of RIRB in our Acronym Attic
- Royal Irish Regiment
- Royal Irish Rifles
- Regulatory Impact Review/Initial Regulatory Flexibility Analysis
- Real Irish Republican Army
- Reflector Impulse Radiating Antenna
- Rhode Island Realtors Association
- Rhode Island Republican Assembly (Providence, RI)
- Roosevelt Island Residents Association
- Rhode Island Regional Adult Learning
- Railroad Insurance Rating Bureau
- Research Institute for Radiation Biology and Medicine (Hiroshima University; Japan)
- Reeve-Irvine Research Center (University of California, Irvine)
- Religious Information Research Center
- Reportable Incident Review Committee
- Research and Institutional Review Committee (Queens Medical Center; Honolulu, HI)
- Rwandese International Relief Corps
- Rice Research and Development Committee (Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation; Kingston, Australian Capital Territory, Australia)
- Rural Industries Research & Development Corporation (Australia)
- Rhode Island Real Estate
- Research Initiative on the Resolution of Ethnic Conflict
Samples in periodicals archive:
In letters to the Residential Institutions Redress Board, the brothers repeatedly insisted that no abuse took place.
They suggest as a model the residential institutions redress board set up in Ireland in 2002, which compensates victims of physical, sexual and emotional abuse and neglect.
The four-month-old Residential Institutions Redress Board has received more than 770 applications for compensation.
Thomas Sweeney - who staged a 22-day hunger strike in 2004 over his treatment by the Residential Institutions Redress Board - said he carried the abuse with him throughout his life, taking it out physically on his own children.
The Residential Institutions Redress Board (RIRB) is awarding cash tovictims following a controversial deal between 18 Catholic religious orders and former Education Minister Dr Michael Woods.
DECEMBER 2005: Residential Institutions Redress Board reveals more than 14,000 people are claiming they were abused.
People who suffered mental, physical and sexual abuse in religious institutions now face the hell of their ordeal being "graded" like a school exam paper by the Residential Institutions Redress Board.