Donning a wet suit, Henry jumped in at the Newcastle City Marina alongside experienced river swimmer Tony Green, from North Shields, and swam to the pontoon at Royal Naval Reserve training unit HMS Calliope on the other bank.
What does RTU stand for?
RTU stands for Reserve Training Unit
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of RTU
We have 43 other meanings of RTU in our Acronym Attic
- Régulation du Trafic Urbain (French: Urban Traffic Control)
- Reinforcement Training Unit
- Remote Telemetry Unit
- Remote Terminal Unit
- Remote Termination Unit
- Remote Test Unit (Bellcore)
- Remote Titration Unit
- Remote Transmission Unit (Sprint)
- Remote Trunking Unit
- Replacement Training Unit
- Residential Treatment Unit (corrections facility)
- Retail Tenancy Unit
- Returned To Unit (military)
- Riga Technical University
- Right to Use
- Rizal Technological University (Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila, Philippines)
- Rock That Uke (movie)
- Roof Top Unit (ventilation or broadband networking component)
- Routing Table Update (computing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
With support from experienced swimmer and organiser of the annual Tyne 10 Mile River Swim, Tony Greener, Henry will take the plunge from Newcastle City Marina and swim across and down river to the pontoon at Royal Naval Reserve training unit HMS Calliope on the Gateshead bank.
Previous duty stations included Naval Station, Argentia, Newfoundland; Supply Officer, Naval Air Reserve Training Unit, Naval Air Station Norfolk, Va.