The NRC regulates 32 operating research and test reactors in the United States, mostly at colleges and universities.
What does RTR stand for?
RTR stands for Research and Test Reactor
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RTR
We have 132 other meanings of RTR in our Acronym Attic
- Reliable Transaction Router
- Remote Transmission Request
- Remote Transmitter/Receiver
- Renal Transplant Recipient
- Renault Technologie Roumanie (Romanian automotive engineering center)
- Repayment Track Record (loans)
- Replenishment Tax Rate (Texas)
- Report of Test Results
- Requirement Traceability Report
- Research and Technology Resume (NASA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Because HEU can also be used in nuclear weapons, the Department of Energy's (DOE) Reduced Enrichment for Research and Test Reactors program is developing low enriched uranium (LEU), which would be very difficult to use in weapons, to replace HEU.
Curtis On the nonproliferation issue "The first issue is that we have been engaged on a bipartisan basis for many years in trying to remove highly enriched uranium (HEU) from research and test reactors throughout the world that constitute fuel that originated in the United States.