In the early to mid 1970s, high speed computers were becoming more available and useful to the fusion effort and John became the founding Director of the Controlled Thermonuclear Research Computing Center.
What does RCC stand for?
RCC stands for Research Computing Center
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RCC
We have 621 other meanings of RCC in our Acronym Attic
- Renewable Chemicals Corporation (Industrial Biotechnology Corporation)
- Renouveau Charismatique Catholique (French, Canada)
- Renovação Carismatica Católica (Portugese)
- Replacement Capital Covenant
- Report Control Code
- Request for Contract Change
- Rescue Control Center (SAR)
- Rescue Coordination Center
- Research and Collections Center (Illinois State Museum)
- Research and Consultancy Center
- Research Consulting Company
- Research Coordinating Center
- Research Costing Compliance (Duke University)
- Reserve Component Command (US Navy)
- Resident-Centered Care (various locations)
- Residential Care Center
- Residential Central City Zone (St. George, Utah)
- Residential Computer Consultant (Illinois State University)
- Residential Computer Coordinator (universities)
- Residential Computing Connection (Bowling Green State University, Ohio)
Samples in periodicals archive:
has announced that the University of Southern California (USC) Center for High-Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC), a worldwide leader among research computing centers, has added Sun Microsystems' leading dual-core Sun Fire(TM) V20z x64 (x86, 64-bit) servers powered with the AMD Opteron(TM) processors to its powerful supercomputer cluster.
We already use NLR to connect to other research computing centers and look forward to the opportunity of using NLR in the future to connect to Sun Grid to offload some of our peak computing demands.
Moscow State University (MSU) is at the forefront of academic research and we are interested in deploying potential GPU-based solutions to identify applications that allow HPC users to increase their productivity and lower computational costs," said Vladimir Voevidin, Deputy Director of the Research Computing Center at MSU.
One of the first FCIA-sponsored activities in which XIOtech participated was the University of New Hampshire Research Computing Center InterOperability Lab's FCIA Group Test Period, held June 12-16, 2000 in Durham, N.
The InterOperability Laboratory of the University of New Hampshire's Research Computing Center operates in collaboration between industry and academia to foster compatibility among standards-compliant products within the data communications industry while providing students a detailed education in data communications technologies.
The tests were conducted at the recent XAUI PlugFest at the InterOperability Laboratory (IOL) of the University of New Hampshire's Research Computing Center.
About the University of New Hampshire InterOperability Laboratory The InterOperability Laboratory (IOL), as part of the University of New Hampshire (UNH) Research Computing Center (http://www.