Such services include fire protection and prevention, ambulance service, dive rescue and recovery and hazardous materials response, just to name a few.
What does RAR stand for?
RAR stands for Rescue and Recovery
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of RAR
We have 141 other meanings of RAR in our Acronym Attic
- Recorded Accomplishment Rate
- Refill Authorization Request
- Refund-Anticipated Return
- Registrul Auto Roman (Romanian Automobile Registry)
- Regulatory Asset Ratio (finance)
- Release After Reception (token ring, IEEE 802.5)
- Reliability Assessment Report
- Remedial Action Report
- Remote Access Router (DSL Modem/ router)
- Report of Actual Reimbursements
- Réseaux Ambition Réussite (French: Ambition Success Network)
- Resource Adapter Archive (J2EE)
- Resource Adequacy Requirement (electricity)
- Resource Allocation Request
- Retinoic Acid Receptor
- Return Address Repository
- Revenue Agent Report (US IRS)
- Revise As Required
- Rhodesian African Rifles
- Riparian Areas Regulation (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Jack volunteered to go to Danang Air Base in 1968 during the Vietnam War to work as an exchange pilot with the Air Force 37th Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Squadron, because he felt a sense of duty.
6) Even during ideal underwater rescue and recovery operations, visibility often is poor.
Using Rescue and Recovery preloaded on ThinkCentre E50 desktops, users can diagnose, get help, and recover from a crash without the need of an IT staff, even if the operating system will not boot.
The ability to respond quickly to the needs of the rescue and recovery professionals is paramount.
TVI Corporation (NASDAQ: TVIN), a global supplier of rapidly deployable first responder systems for homeland security, hospitals, police and fire departments, the military and public health agencies, today announced its equipment is being deployed under contracts with military, state and federal authorities in Louisiana and Mississippi to aid in the rescue and recovery efforts from Hurricane Katrina.
AMSTERDAM, Netherlands -- EADS North America: --Airbus' mega-freighter Beluga transports relief supplies to the affected region --EADS mobile hospital deployed in Mississippi --American Eurocopter helicopters perform rescue and recovery operations --CN-235 tactical airlifter and TBM700 turbo-prop support ongoing recovery efforts --Transatlantic partnership proves strong during this time of need Over the past two weeks, EADS has supplied relief aid for victims of hurricane Katrina in the United States.
For example, in conjunction with the LANDesk offering, IT administrators now can use Lenovo's Rescue and Recovery 3.