SAR swimmers must complete nearly a year of training before going to their first squadron - four weeks at Naval Aircrew Candidate School, five weeks in Aviation Rescue Swimmer School, 16 weeks at Aviation Warfare 'A' School and 16 weeks at Fleet Replacement Air Crewman School.
What does RSS stand for?
RSS stands for Rescue Swimmer School (Navy and Marine Corps)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of RSS
We have 524 other meanings of RSS in our Acronym Attic
- Remote Switch Subsystem
- Remote Switching Sites (Bellcore)
- Remoting Subsystem
- Repetitive Strain Syndrome
- Replacement Service System
- Repubbliche Socialiste Sovietiche (Italian: Soviet Socialist Republics)
- Republic of Singapore Ship
- Request for Supplies and Services
- Requirement Spread Sheet
- Requisitions Self Service
- Research Support Services (Vanderbilt Medical Center)
- Réseau Santé Social
- Resident Satisfaction Survey (various locations)
- Resident Set Size (*nix command)
- Resident Site Supervisor
- Residential Subscriber System
- Residential Support Services Inc.
- Residual Sum of Squares (statistics)
- Resource Description Framework (RDF) Site Summary (lightweight XML format)
- Resource Sharing System (libraries)
Samples in periodicals archive:
29 Jan 07--An AW2 assigned to Surface Rescue Swimmer School died when he failed to negotiate a turn on his motorcycle.
The Coast Guard intensified its training by offering personnel with field experience the chance to attend Advanced Rescue Swimmer School at Cape Disappointment, Wash.