A normal reptilase time despite PTT >180 seconds (Table 1) eliminated dysfibrinogenemia as the cause of the coagulopathy and indicated the presence of heparin.
What does RT stand for?
RT stands for Reptilase Time
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RT
We have 81 other meanings of RT in our Acronym Attic
- Relocatable Target
- Relocatable Terminal
- Remote Terminal
- Remote Thread
- Renaissance Trust
- Renal Transplant
- Renegade Taiko (San Francisco, CA)
- Renewal Transfer (insurance)
- Repair Time
- Reparative Therapy (psychiatric treatment aimed at 'curing' homosexuality)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Thrombin and reptilase times were negative for the presence of heparin.
DYSFIBRINOGENEMIA Thrombin and reptilase times should be used to screen the very rare cases of dysfibrinogenemia associated with an increased risk of thrombosis.
10) Reptilase time This test is similar to the thrombin time; however, the clotting sequence is initiated with the snake venom enzyme, reptilase.
Independent of the cause, dysfibrinogenemia is diagnosed by determination of the plasma concentration of fibrinogen and a functional test such as thrombin or reptilase time.
2 PT Reptilase Time Thrombin Time TPA Von Willebrand's Factor, and others The 2008 Instrument Placements and Installed Base For major automated and semiautomated coagulation systems, the report will provide the 2008 estimates of their unit placements and total installed base, by supplier and model.