The question centers on the appropriateness of adjusting for the replacement cost new of the new substitute replacement item of property, step four in the reproduction cost approach functional obsolescence formula as set forth in The Appraisal of Real Estate, 11th Edition.
What does RCN stand for?
RCN stands for Replacement Cost New (appraisal)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of RCN
We have 99 other meanings of RCN in our Acronym Attic
- Railwayana Collectors' Network
- Real Change Network (Aptos, CA)
- Record Control Number
- Rectilinear Crossing Number
- Redress Control Number (US DHS)
- Regional Cable Network
- Registered Comprehensive Nurse
- Reinan Cable Network (Japan)
- Remote Computer Network
- Report Control Number (Deficiency Reporting Investigation System)
- Reproduction Cost New (appraisal)
- Requirements Change Notice
- Research Council of Norway
- Réseau de Conseils Normands (French: Normandy Network Consulting)
- Residential Communications Network
- Resonator Coupling Network (microwave theory)
- Reverse Convertible Note
- Revolutionary Communist Network (UK)
- Risk Communications Network (Pueblo, CO)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The cost approach considers the basic appraisal concept of replacement cost new as an indication of value.
Once the correct percentage of obsolescence due to underutilization is determined, total obsolescence in absolute dollar terms is given by multiplying %OBS by the replacement cost new less straight-line depreciation (RCNSLD).
Asset value and depreciation are determined using replacement cost new estimates and an appropriate percent good factor.
replacement cost new less depreciation plus land value equals depreciated replacement cost) does not precisely simulate what individuals are observed to do when considering production of an alternate property.
Replacement cost new is developed by converting a facility's historical cost to a current replacement cost.
Actual costs of the subject property, or actual costs of like properties, are excellent indicators of replacement cost new and should be obtained whenever possible.
This section shows the steps used to arrive at the replacement cost new, including descriptions of the materials to be used.