In addition to traditional crops and livestock, he is growing 15 hectares of willow trees at Cote Nook Farm in Sedgefield and he is a director of the farmer-controlled Renewable Energy from Agriculture group, which contracts farmers to grow biomass for Teesside's Wilton 10 power station.
What does REFA stand for?
REFA stands for Renewable Energy from Agriculture (Stockton-on-Tees, England, UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of REFA
- Review of Environmental Factors
- Robotech Expeditionary Forces (Robotech anime)
- Roma Education Fund (est. 2005)
- Roseland Education Foundation
- Row Echelon Form (matrix mathematics)
- Reference Number
- Refund/Fact of Filing
- Restriction Factor 1 (human antiretroviral activity)
- Real Estate Finance Association
- Reichsausschuss für Arbeitszeitermittlung (German system for checking working hours)
- Rural Education Forum Australia
- Renewable Energy for African Development
- Réseau d'Enseignement Francophone à Distance du Canada (French: Canada's Francophone Distance Education Network; Canada)
- Réseau Femmes Africaines et Droits Humains (French: African Women and Human Rights Network; Burkina Faso)
- Reform of the Forestry Administration System (Vietnam)
- Redwood Empire Food Bank (California)
- residentevilfanboy.com (video game website)
- Reebok Equipped Fitness Club (Germany)
- Riverview Evangelical Free Church (Califronia)
- Rural Education Finance Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
Robin Twizell, managing director of Renewable Energy From Agriculture, said: "Until now there has been a lot of talk about renewable fuels but only a limited amount of action.
Robin Twizell of Renewable Energy From Agriculture, which works with farmers and energy companies, said: "This is good news for farmers because it's a new market for another crop they can grow.
Now a series of meetings has been arranged in conjunction with One NorthEast, Renewable Energy from Agriculture (REFA) and the Renewable Energy Growers (REG) group aimed at encouraging farmers to form producer groups to grow the near 20,000 acres of SRC that will be needed to meet the demand.
To find out more, contact Renewable Energy Growers on (01777) 248684 or Renewable Energy from Agriculture on (01740) 623300.