The creation of mapping and further analysis on the basis of remote sensing data and in particular the time-critical processing of remote sensing and geographic information geotopographic reference data to a user-specific custom card products and information for use in civil emergencies.
What does RSD stand for?
RSD stands for Remote Sensing Data
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RSD
We have 242 other meanings of RSD in our Acronym Attic
- Reflector Surface Distortion
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (now Complex Regional Pain Disorder, CRPD)
- Refrigeration Supplies Distributor (various locations)
- Refugee Status Determination (UNHCR)
- Refundable Security Deposit
- Regional Sales Director
- Regional Seafood Development (taxes; Alaska)
- Règlement Sanitaire Départemental (French: Departmental Health Regulations)
- Regulatory Services Division (various locations)
- Relative Standard Deviation (statistics)
- Remote Service Delivery (Australia)
- Remote Shut Down
- Remote Storage Device
- Reparable Stock Division
- Reparable Support Division
- Reporting of Supply Discrepancy (US DoD)
- Requirements and Specifications Document (project management)
- Research and Statistics Department (Home Office, UK)
- Research and Statistics Division (various organizations)
- Research Skills Development (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among the topics are advanced ground-penetrating radar for soil moisture retrieval, modeling stream flow changes with the aid of multisourse remote sensing data in a poorly gauged watershed, multispectral satellite data for monitoring floods and mapping inundation, radar polarimetry for estimating rain, and microwave vegetation indices from satellite passive microwave sensors for mapping global vegetation cover.
The software suite enables aerial imaging companies, geospatial data providers, scientists and end users to integrate and analyze earth observation and remote sensing data to generate accurate GIS-ready information.
00 Hardcover LB2395 Peer-reviewed papers from a January 2010 conference, written by Asian researchers, engineers, and industry professionals, report on areas such as e-learning in price risk management, malicious executables classification based on behavioral factor analysis, agricultural drought monitoring using web-serviced remote sensing data, and design of GIS-based tourism information systems.
The geospatial resources targeted by the NCSU Libraries' project include digitized maps, geographic information systems (GIS) data sets, and remote sensing data resources such as digital aerial photography.
Using remote sensing data from NASA's Terra and Aqua satellites--which are both components of the agency's Earth Observing System program--Each has correlated cholera incidence with sea surface height, sea surface temperature, and ocean chlorophyll content.
Congress passed the Commercial Space Act of 1998 in the hope of jump-starting commercial development by requiring the National Aeronautics and Space Administration to buy "space-based and airborne Earth remote sensing data, services, distribution, and applications from a commercial provider.
The study also shows the difficulties in utilizing remote sensing data for monitoring long-term land cover changes.