In her paper, Brady (2004) documented a community action in South Australia that prevented a gaming machine licence being awarded to a small roadhouse in the vicinity of a remote Indigenous community.
What does RIC stand for?
RIC stands for Remote Indigenous Community (Australia)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RIC
We have 232 other meanings of RIC in our Acronym Attic
- Regional Information Centre
- Regional Innovation Center
- Regional Instrumentation Center (Morocco)
- Registro de Información Catastral (Guatemala)
- Regolamento Internazionale Carrozze (European railway treaty in 1922)
- Regulated Investment Company
- Rehabilitation Impairment Category
- Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
- Reinvention Impact Center
- Reliability Importance Calculator
- Remote Intelligent Communications
- Remote Isolation Chamber
- Renaissance Immobilière Châlonnaise (French real estate company)
- Repair Induction Code
- Repairable Identification/Item Code
- Repairable Items Conference
- Repatriation Information Center
- Repeater Interface Control
- Requirement-to-Image Correlation
- Research and Innovation Center (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
That is, applicants were made to feel that they were part of an incredible opportunity and that it was a unique privilege to work in a remote Indigenous community, rather than coming from a deficit orientation characterised by discourse such as 'difficult to staff' and similar phrases.
At the beginning of June, authorities in Manitoba urgently dispatched doctors and nurses to a remote indigenous community where more than 200 people reported suffering from respiratory problems.