5 now supports Aruba RAP-3 Remote Access Points enabling E911 support for remote WiFi users connected to the enterprise voice network.
What does RAP stand for?
RAP stands for Remote Access Point (telecommunications)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of RAP
We have 594 other meanings of RAP in our Acronym Attic
- Rehabilitation and Preservation Program (New York State Housing Finance Agency)
- Relatives as Parents (program)
- Reliability Analysis Program
- Reliable Accuracy and Performance
- Reliable Acoustic Path
- Remedial Accomplishment Plan
- Remedial Action Plan
- Remedial Action Program
- Remedial Action Projects Program (Joint Chiefs of Staff, US DoD)
- Remedial Amendment Period (taxation)
- Remote Access to PVS (Hekimian)
- Remote Administration Protocol
- Renal Arterial Pressure
- Rent Assessment Panel (UK)
- Report All Poaching (various locations)
- Repository Access Protocol
- Republican Alliance Party of Kenya (political party)
- Required Annual Premium (life insurance)
- Requirements Analysis Package
- Requirements Analysis Planning
Samples in periodicals archive:
The solution introduced a family of low-cost, centrally-managed Remote Access Points (RAPs) to handle tasks that used to require expensive appliances and costly WAN links.
It can be used as an access point, wireless intrusion detection sensor, resilient mesh point or remote access point.
Remote-access systems with weak access controls: Hackers frequently bypass firewalls and access controls through remote access points such as dial-in servers by simply dialing directly into a server.
ReefEdge offers the Connect Bridge 25 (CB25), designed for small installations or for remote access points and the Connect Bridge 100 (CB100), a cost effective solution for enterprise environments.
The objective is to connect any customer with a GSM compliant mobile device from the closest AT&T remote access point into NavLink's most appropriate managed hosting facility, with more that 50 secure remote access points across Europe serviced through AT&T global network," said Jon Stretch, General Manager of AT&T Business, EMEA.
In addition to the current wireless deployment, Rex is also evaluating Aruba's Remote Access Point (RAP) solution to enable mobile mammography and mobile blood collection units.
The company also connects some of its smaller, remote offices using Aruba s Remote Access Points (RAPs).