RLUIPA was introduced July 13, 2000, after an earlier religious liberty protection law, the Religious Liberty Protection Act, failed to pass in both houses of Congress.
What does RLPA stand for?
RLPA stands for Religious Liberty Protection Act
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of RLPA
We have 9 other meanings of RLPA in our Acronym Attic
- Retail Loss Prevention
- Retail Loyalty Program
- Revolving Loan Program
- Rheinland-Pfalz (state in Germany)
- Rodriguez Lopez Productions (record label)
- Rotary License Plate
- Rotatable Log Periodic (antenna)
- Round Ligament Pain (uterus)
- Row-Loff Productions (Nashville, TN)
- Royal Liverpool Philharmonic (UK)
- Replacement Level Players Association
- Rotating Log Periodic Antenna
- Rugby League Players Association (Australia)
- Rugby League Professionals Association
- Rural Lands Protection Act (Australia)
- Red Lion Pipe Band (Belgium)
- Rural Lands Protection Board (Australia)
- Ralph Lauren Polo Company (clothing line)
- Ras Laffan Power Company Ltd (Doha, Qatar)
- Recycling and Litter Prevention Council
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Religious Liberty Protection Act recently passed overwhelmingly in the House of Representatives.
In congressional hearings in 1998 about the proposed Religious Liberty Protection Act, University of Texas constitutional law professor Douglas Lay-cock testified that smaller faiths--and every faith, he stressed, is small in some municipality--tend to run into zoning problems, with many churches prohibited from existing where they'd like.
Gay rights groups have long feared that the bill, called the Religious Liberty Protection Act, could override civil rights ordinances if courts rule that they place a "substantial burden" on people's religions beliefs.
2081, "The Religious Liberty Protection Act of 2000" (RLPA) by co-sponsoring a Senate staff briefing last week.
Religious Liberty Bill Passes House Of Representatives The Religious Liberty Protection Act (RLPA) passed the U.
Parshall applauded the House of Representatives for the passage (306-118) of the Religious Liberty Protection Act (RLPA).
NEW YORK, July 15 /PRNewswire/ -- American Jewish Congress Executive Director Phil Baum issued the following statement today following passage by the House of Representatives of the Religious Liberty Protection Act: "The American Jewish Congress welcomes the passage today in the House of Representatives of the Religious Liberty Protection Act (RLPA), by a vote of 306-118, a much larger margin than had been anticipated.