What he didn't realize was that the thick file of papers he got from the Army when he left didn't contain a DD-214, an official release from active duty.
What does REFRAD stand for?
REFRAD stands for Release From Active Duty
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of REFRAD in our Acronym Attic
- Reference Paper
- Restriction Endonuclease Fragmentation Pattern
- Restriction Enzyme Fragmentation Pattern (biotechnology)
- Ridge Extraretinal Fibrovascular Proliferation Complex
- Refinería Panamá Sa (Spanish)
- Role of Electric Fields in Plasma Confinement and Exhaust (workshop)
- Research and Extension in Farm Power Issues (UK)
- Reference Point
- Rare and Exotic Feline Registry
- Refractivity Experiment For H2O Research And Collaborative operational Technology Transfer
- Released From Active Duty for Training
- Released From Annual Training
- Refrigeradores de Guatemala
- International Workshop on Requirements Engineering for Services (IEEE)
- Real-Time Electronic Flight Data System (air traffic management system)
- Really Essential Financial Statistics (publication; UK)
- Regional Extended Family Service (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to a G-1 fact sheet, those eligible include-- Service members, including members of the Reserve components and former and retired members who, at any time between 11 September 2001 and 30 September 2008, served on active duty while their enlistment or period of obligated service was extended or whose eligibility for retirement was suspended from one of the following: * Contractual expiration of term of service (ETS), expiration of active service (EAS), or Reserve end of current contract (RECC); or * An approved separation date based on an unqualified resignation request or release from active duty (REFRAD) order; or * An approved retirement based on length of service.
Information shown on this report may include the service member's: * Date and place of entry into active duty * Home address at time of entry * Date and place of release from active duty * Home address after separation * Last duty assignment and rank * Military job specialty * Military education * Decorations, medals, badges, citations, and campaign awards * Total creditable service * Foreign service credited * Separation information (type of separation, character of service, authority and reason for separation, separation and reenlistment eligibility codes) The report of separation form issued in most recent years is the DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty.
When the hearing body enters a default judgment against a servicemember on active duty or within 60 days of release, the servicemember can apply within 90 days of release from active duty to set aside or vacate the default judgment.
Reasons for requesting a hardship to stay on active duty include: * Individuals nullify a civilian employment contract to come on active duty for 12 months and are scheduled for deactivation after 60 to 90 days with no prospect for a new employment contract until six months after release from active duty.
Upon release from active duty in 1947, LCDR Lunde returned, along with his two brothers, both U.
Counting the time needed for training, deployment and release from active duty afterward, the total length of mobilization will be at least 270 days.
On his release from active duty, he stayed in the reserves for another three years, until 1961.