The constant refers to the number of atoms in a sample whose bulk mass in grams equals the relative atomic mass of the element.
What does RAM stand for?
RAM stands for Relative Atomic Mass (chemistry)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RAM
We have 365 other meanings of RAM in our Acronym Attic
- Regional Accounting Manager
- Regional Agency Markets
- Regional Analysis Model
- Regional Area Meteorologist
- Regional Asset Manager
- Regional Atheist Meet (American Atheists, Inc.)
- Regional Atmospheric Model (meteorology)
- Regional Audit Manager
- Registered Apartment Management
- Relais Assistances Maternelles (French childcare center)
- Reliability and Maintainability
- Reliability Assessment & Monitoring
- Reliability, Availability, & Maintainability
- Remaking American Medicine (resource)
- Remedy Asset Management
- Remote Access Manager (Digital Lightwave)
- Remote Access Multiplexer (Pulsecom)
- Remote Account Management
- Remote Administration Module (computing)
- Remote Application Management
Samples in periodicals archive:
Steffen Peiser (1957-present) Crystal growth, symmetry, and characterization for free-radical research, relative atomic mass values, and the fundamental constants.
While avoiding overlap with other papers in this volume, this article summarizes results from: 1) early work on crystallization as a method of purification, in contributions to sugar chemistry, and in solution growth of large crystals; 2) the NBS/ARPA Program of research on crystal growth and characterization; 3) the NBS Free-Radical Research Program; 4) the XRCD method as a direct path to relative atomic mass data and the fundamental physical constants; 5) the dynamical theory of x-ray diffraction; and 6) symmetry considerations such as are involved in the influence on crystals of mechanical stress or fields, and of point defect motion.