During his tenure there, he was seconded to the Cabinet Office Regulatory Impact Unit for 18 months to lead a joint Cabinet Office/DfES project to reduce bureaucracy in schools.
What does RIU stand for?
RIU stands for Regulatory Impact Unit (United Kingdom)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RIU
We have 18 other meanings of RIU in our Acronym Attic
- Regional Innovation and Technology Transfer Strategies and Infrastructures (EU)
- Regional Institutional Technical Unit (Washington State Network Services)
- Remote In-Transit Visibility
- Ripples in the Water (blog)
- Regulatory and Investigative Treatment Zone Model (US EPA)
- Rendezvous in the Zoo (San Diego Zoo; San Diego, CA)
- Radar/Remote Interface Unit
- Radio Interface Unit
- Radioactive Iodine Uptake
- Refractive Index Unit
- Remote Interface Unit
- Remux Interface Unit
- Ring Interface Unit
- Riverine Interdiction Unit
- Resistance Index in the Umbilical Artery
- Research Institute for Ubiquitous Energy Devices (National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology; Osaka, Japan)
- Romanian International University Fair
- Rawalpindi/Islamabad Union of Journalists (Pakistan)
- Removal and Insertion Under Power
- Research into Use (agriculture; Scotland, UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Commission chairman Prof Paul Geroski said: "He brings with him a great experience of regulation, government and industry a" Until 2000, Mr Stanley was director of the Regulatory Impact Unit in the Cabinet Office.
A spokesman for the Cabinet Office regulatory impact unit said: 'Today's report offers praise, criticism and challenge.