The third C-27J test aircraft is in final assembly and will complete the initial phase of the development program, leading to JAR 25 civil certification by the Registro Aeronautico Italiano (Italian Airworthiness Authority) and military qualification by the Italian Ministry of Defence.
What does RAI stand for?
RAI stands for Registro Aeronautico Italiano (Italian Aircraft Registry)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RAI
We have 154 other meanings of RAI in our Acronym Attic
- Raised Air Intake (vehicles)
- Random Access & Inquiry
- Random Access Iterator (computer programming)
- Rangeless Airborne Instrumentation
- Readiness Assessment Instrument (various applications)
- Reading and Arithmetic Indexes
- Recherche d'Agglutinines Irrégulières (French: Irregular Agglutinins Search)
- Reconnaissance Attack Interface
- Recruit Alliance India (Hyderabad, India recruitment firm)
- Regional Airspace Initiative
- Registro de Aceptaciones Impagadas (Spanish)
- Reliability Assurance Initiative (North American Electric Reliability Corporation)
- Remote Alarm Indication
- Remote Altitude Indicator
- Republicans Abroad International
- Request Arrival Interval
- Request for Additional Information
- Required Approach Interval (aviation)
- Research Access Incorporated
- Research Activity Index (various schools)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This is the first of three aircraft to enter the flight test program leading to JAR 25 certification by Registro Aeronautico Italiano (RAI), the Italian air worthiness authority, by the end of 2000.
Two other aircraft are presently being readied at the same facility to enter the flight test program, leading to JAR 25 civil certification by Registro Aeronautico Italiano (RAI), the Italian airworthiness Authority, by the end of 2000.