No amounts are required to be reported for tax purposes in respect of cash distributions received by a Registered Retirement Savings Plan, Registered Pension Plan, Registered Retirement Income Fund or Deferred Profit Sharing Plan or any other such registered plans ("Deferred Plans").
What does RRIF stand for?
RRIF stands for Registered Retirement Income Fund
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of RRIF
We have 4 other meanings of RRIF in our Acronym Attic
- Red Rock Indian Band (Canada)
- River Road Improvement Corporation (Fair Lawn, NJ)
- Road Running Information Center (USA Track and Field)
- Ruby Ranch Internet Cooperative (Summit County, CO)
- Resource Reclamation Is Destruction (C++ programming)
- Rich River Irrigation Developments (Australia)
- Rid Roads of Impaired Drivers (British Columbia, Canada; est. 1992)
- Recovery-Room-Impact Events (anesthesiology)
- Recycling for Rhode Island Education (Providence, RI)
- Railroad Rehabilitation and Improvement Financing (Federal Railroad Administration; US DOT)
- Registered Retirement Investment Fund (Canada)
- Regulation Reduction Incentive Fund (Australian government)
- Resource Release Is Finalization (programming)
- Rhodesian Ridgeback International Foundation (South Africa)
- Redding Rancheria Indian Health Clinic (Redding, CA)
- Response to Request for Intelligence Information
- Rice Research Institute of Iran
- Rubber Research Institute of India (rubber research and production; Kerala, India)
- Russian River Interactive Information System
- Reinforced Reaction Injection Molding
Samples in periodicals archive:
As requested by the AICPA Tax Division's Form 3520 Task Force in August 2003, (1) Notice 2003-75 (2) sets forth a simplified reporting regime for taxpayers with interests in Canadian registered retirement savings plans (RRSPs) and registered retirement income funds (RRIFs), effective for tax years beginning after 2002.
The self-directed plan also facilitates the transition to a registered retirement income fund or RRIF.
Since Canadian law will not allow periodic payments to be made out of an RRSP, C rolled the proceeds over into a Canadian registered retirement income fund (RRIF).
Unitholders who hold their investment in a Registered Retirement Savings Plan, Registered Retirement Income Fund, Deferred Profit Sharing Plan or Registered Education Savings Plan need not report any income related to trust unit distributions on their 2008 income tax return.
Trust Units held within an RRSP, RRIF or DPSP NO AMOUNTS are to be reported on the 2007 income tax return where trust units are held within a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF), Deferred Profit Savings Plan (DPSP), or any other such registered plans.
Canadian unitholders Canadian unitholders holding the units of Enterra Energy Trust in a registered retirement savings plan ("RRSP"), registered retirement income fund ("RRIF"), or deferred profit savings plan ("DPSP") should not report any income related to distributions on their 2005 income tax return.
Trust Units Held Within an RRSP, RRIF, RESP or DPSP --------------------------------------------------- No amounts are to be reported on the unitholders' 2006 Income Tax Return where Trust units are held within a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF), Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) or a Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP).