The final Stage 2 rule includes a significant victory for Registered Medical Assistants by allowing "credentialed medical assistants" to enter orders into the Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) system for medication and for laboratory and radiology services.
What does RMA stand for?
RMA stands for Registered Medical Assistant
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RMA
We have 313 other meanings of RMA in our Acronym Attic
- Reciprocal Microstrip Antenna
- Recording Management Area (optical disc recording)
- Recording Musicians Association
- Records Management Analyst (various organizations)
- Records Management Application
- Refractory Metals Association
- Refusing Medical Attention
- Regional Mobility Authority (various locations)
- Regional Monitoring Agency
- Registered Managers Award (certification; UK)
- Registered Members' Area
- Registered Migration Agent (Australia)
- Registered Municipal Accountant (New Jersey)
- Regulatory Modernization Act (Canada)
- Rehabilitation Management Associates
- REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust) Modernization Act
- Relationship Management Application (SWIFT)
- Reliability, Maintainability & Availability
- Reliability/Maintainability Analysis
- Remember Me Always
Samples in periodicals archive:
Robert Dunham, the infection control educator of Dunham Writing, was certified as a Registered Medical Assistant with AMT (American medical technologists) in 2010 and certified as a Registered Nursing Assistant (NAR) in 2012.
I've seen these drugs turn my patients around," says Lucky Santana, 46, who works as a registered medical assistant at a private medical practice in Atlanta specializing in HIV.
AMT's comments summarized the education, training and examination requirements to become certified as a Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), and noted that medical assistants are trained to perform a wide variety of both front-office (administrative) and back-office (clinical) tasks in a medical practice setting.
I want to explore a couple of ideas for the Registered Medical Assistants of AMT that will hopefully be encouragement to turn up the "heat" just one degree and power an unstoppable train.
whether someone is credentialed as a Certified Medical Assistant by the AAMA or as a Registered Medical Assistant by AMT).
the distinction between "medical assistant-certified" and "medical assistant-registered" has nothing to do with whether someone is credentialed as a Certified Medical Assistant by the AAMA or as a Registered Medical Assistant by AMT.
As AMT certified health professionals, Registered Medical Assistants have a responsibility to lead and encourage others but unfortunately, some take that responsibility lightly or ignore it all together.