A registered domestic partner can itemize deductions or claim the standard deduction regardless of whether his or her partner itemizes or claims the standard deduction.
What does RDP stand for?
RDP stands for Registered Domestic Partner
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of RDP
We have 181 other meanings of RDP in our Acronym Attic
- Ray Doyle Promotions Pty Ltd
- Reality Display Processor
- Reconstruction and Development Programme (RSA)
- Recovery and Development Programme (UN)
- Recreational Dive Planner (scuba diving)
- Recursive Dyadic Partition
- Refugee Determination Program (Canada)
- Regional Development Planning
- Registered Design Professional (architect or engineer)
- Registered Disabled Person (UK)
- Relative Delay Penalty
- Relative Dielectric Permittivity (electricity)
- Reliable Data Protocol
- Reliable Datagram Protocol
- Remboursement des Primes (French: Redemption Premiums)
- Remote Desktop Printing
- Remote Desktop Protocol
- Remote Display Protocol (Microsoft)
- Remote Distribution Panel (American Power Conversion Corp.)
- Rental Dwelling Policy (insurance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Taxation of California Registered Domestic Partners and Same Sex Married Couples
Registered domestic partners in CA should choose "Domestic partner (registered)" to receive this rate.
A memo issued on February 28 by the IRS's Office of Chief Counsel stated that registered domestic partners in California are not allowed to split community property, including income, a right that has been allowed in California since January 2005 and afforded to straight couples nationwide since the 1930s.
Care for a seriously ill child, spouse, parent or registered domestic partner
Goldberg says the bill provides an urgently needed measure of equity to registered domestic partners, according to a legislative analysis.
While registered domestic partners in California, persons in a reciprocal beneficiary relationship in Hawaii, and persons in a civil union in Vermont have the right to visit each other while one is in the hospital, we encourage even those individuals to complete a hospital visitation authorization in the event that one or both of them are in a hospital in another state.
In May, voters in Austin, Texas, repealed the city's new policy of granting health and survivor benefits to its employees' registered domestic partners - a victory for those who want to put the city's customary tolerance in the trash bin.