In the past, five major command regional supply squadrons were controlling all supply back-shop functions for their bases, to include funding, stock control, equipment, and records management, as well as computer operations.
What does RSS stand for?
RSS stands for Regional Supply Squadron
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RSS
We have 524 other meanings of RSS in our Acronym Attic
- Recovery Support Services (various locations)
- Recruiting Substation
- Redside Shiner (fish)
- Reduced Space Symbology
- Redundant System Slot
- Refugee Social Services (various organizations)
- Regiae Societatis Sodalis (Fellow of the Royal Society)
- Regimental Support Squadron
- Regional School System
- Regional Spatial Strategy (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Weapon Systems Support Flight Commander, Pacific Air Forces Regional Supply Squadron, Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii The Defense Logistics Agency provides supply support, and technical and logistics services to the military services and to several civilian agencies.
Timothy Byrnes, Pacific Air Force's Regional Supply Squadron, Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii--Demonstrated outstanding supervisory and management skills that were instrumental in developing a cohesive team of professionals who provided five-star travel support to all Department of Defense customers throughout Japan.
Poindexter, Weapon Systems Support Flight Commander for the Pacific Air Forces Regional Supply Squadron at Hickam Air Force Base, was nominated by Defense Supply Center Richmond, Va.
3) Standardize Use and Expand Role of the Regional Supply Squadron The third major initiative of the C2 Supply Chain Team is the regional supply squadron--the component that helps bridge the gap between suppliers and operational requirements generated by the warfighter.
Standardize and expand the role of regional supply squadrons to support expeditionary operations.