Charles and Camilla were met in the city by the president of the southern Andalucia region, Jose Antonio Grinan Martinez, at the 17th century San Telmo Palace, the regional seat of government.
What does RSG stand for?
RSG stands for Regional Seat of Government (local authority to administer a region in the UK following a nuclear attack)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of RSG
We have 141 other meanings of RSG in our Acronym Attic
- Readiness Support Group
- Ready, Set, Go!
- Real Sporting de Gijón (Spanish soccer team)
- Rear Support Group
- Receiving Stolen Goods
- Recovery Storage Group (Microsoft Exchange)
- Recreational Craft Sectoral Group (Recreational Craft Directive 94/25/EC)
- Red Sea Governorate (Egypt)
- Red Spear Gaming
- Reference Signal Generator (US DoD)
- Regional Stakeholder Group (various organizations)
- Regional Support Group
- Remote Sensing Group (University of Arizona)
- Remote Support Gateway
- Replacement Steam Generators
- Representative of the Secretary-General (UN office)
- Republic Services Group
- Republican Study Group
- Request Segment
- Research Scholar Grant (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The tunnels have historic value, having been used in the war and also chosen as the regional seat of Government in the event of a nuclear strike during the Cold War.
The tunnels have historic value having been used in the war and also chosen as the regional seat of Government in the event of a nuclear strike during the Cold War.
In the 1960s, at the height of the Cold War, the bunker was refurbished and designated a Regional Seat of Government.
Worcestershire county councillor Mr John Wardle (Lab, Puxton, Kidderminster), said the Wolverley site, used originally in the 1940s as an engine factory and primed to be used as a nuclear bunker for the West Midlands regional seat of government during the Cold War, could be a suitable site.