Inuit ownership of 18% of Nunavut's surface land base and a smaller proportion of the sub-surface, together referred to as Inuit owned lands, are managed by various designated Inuit organizations, including the three Regional Inuit Associations and the Land Administration department of Nunavut Tunngavik Inc.
What does RIA stand for?
RIA stands for Regional Inuit Association (Canada)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RIA
We have 172 other meanings of RIA in our Acronym Attic
- Range Insensitive Axis
- Rapid Impact Assessment
- Rare Isotope Accelerator
- Reactivity Insertion Accident
- Reactivity-Initiated Accident
- Recommended Improvement Area
- Régiment d'Infanterie Alpine (French: Alpine Infantry Regiment)
- Regional Incentive Agreement (Government pricing agreement term)
- Regional Integration Arrangement (various organizations)
- Regional Internet Australia
- Registered Industrial Accountant (Canada)
- Registered Investment Advisor
- Regulatory Impact Analysis
- Regulatory Impact Assessment
- Relativistic Impulse Approximation
- Remote Internet Access
- Reprogramming Interface Assembly
- Research in Action
- Research Initiation Award
- Research Institute of America (tax research firm)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Regional Associations In Nunavut, three Regional Inuit Associations (RIAs) represent the Nunavummiut: the Kivalliq Inuit Association (www.