During the write process the controller receives data from the host authoring application and calculates Reed-Solomon error correction codes for the data before it is written to the media.
What does RS-ECC stand for?
RS-ECC stands for Reed-Solomon Error Correction Code
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Reynolds, Smith, and Hills, Inc. (various locations)
- Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry
- Ministry of Research, Science and Technology (New Zealand)
- Reconnaissance, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition
- Reliability Screens and Test Methods
- Recommended Standard 232 (computer serial interface, IEEE)
- Differential Serial Interface Standard
- Rat Salivary Agglutinin Complex
- Realistic Sequence Cell Fault Model
- Reed-Solomon-Encoded Data Block
- Reset-Set Flip-Flop
- Recreation Site Facility Master Planning (forests)
- Regional Supervisor for Field Operations
- Rayleigh-Schroedinger Hartree-Fock Perturbation Theory
- Rectangular Slot Harmonic Suppressed Antenna
- Reservation-Based Slotted Idle Signal Multiple Access (wireless protocol)
- Real Space-Linear Combination of Muffin-Tin Orbitals-Atomic Sphere Approximation
- Random Sequence Multiple-Input Multiple-Output
- Restriction Site Polymerase Chain Reaction Technique
- RNA Template Specific-Polymerase Chain Reaction (molecular biology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
To ensure complete data integrity, L's microPuRAM(TM) Technology utilizes a proprietary Interleaved Reed-Solomon Error Correction Code (RS ECC) which is optimized for use with Flash memory.
To ensure data integrity L's PuRAM-GO(TM) and PuRAID-GO(TM) Drive Technology utilize a proprietary Interleaved Reed-Solomon Error Correction Code (RS ECC) which is optimized for use with Flash memory.
VXA Packet drives, autoloaders and cartridges are the only tape storage products with VXA Packet Technology that enables a 4-level Reed-Solomon Error Correction Code (ECC), making data 180 times more likely to restore than competitive tape formats -- even from a damaged tape.
BiTMICRO proprietary Reed-Solomon Error Correction Code (RS ECC) provides a Data Error Rate that is 1 million times better than the industry standard.
The Tandberg DLT7000 and Tandberg DLT4000 also feature real-time read-while-write data verification; Cyclical Redundancy Checking (CRC) and Reed-Solomon Error Correction Code (ECC) for data integrity.
Advanced data integrity is provided by an on-the-fly three-way interleaved Reed-Solomon error correction code (ECC).
Second, the level-six Reed-Solomon error correction code (RS ECC) is used to deliver a hard error rate of less than one in 10 to the fifteenth.