Extremely High Availability There is a concept referred to as Redundant Array of Independent Nodes or RAIN.
What does RAIN stand for?
RAIN stands for Redundant Array of Independent Nodes
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of RAIN
We have 46 other meanings of RAIN in our Acronym Attic
- Research Alliance of Institutions for Music Education (University of Gothenburg; Gothenburg, Sweden)
- Regional Air Impact Modeling Initiative (US Environmental Protection Agency project)
- Records, Archives and Information Management Services (Canandaigua, NY)
- Radio and Internet Newsletter (trade publication)
- Rakai AIDS Information Network
- RApid INnovation
- Receiver Autonomous Integrity Monitoring (global positioning systems)
- Recognize, Avoid, Isolate, Notify
- Recruiting Automated Interim Network
- Redundant Array of Independent Netports (IEEE 802.1d Link Aggregation and Cisco Fast Etherchannel)
- Regional Access Information Network
- Regional Agricultural Information Network of Eastern Africa
- Regional Alliance for Information Networking
- Reliable Array of Independent Nodes
- Resources and Information Network (South Africa)
- Research, Action and Information Network for Bodily Integrity of Women
- Radio Access Independent Broadband on Wireless
- Reduced and Internally-Biased Oxide Wafer
- Running Amok in Nature's Bounty Observing Wild Safari (Kids Next Door show)
- Reaching All in Need Everyday (Hazlet, NJ)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Centera is a hardware device that uses a redundant array of independent nodes where each node has its own instance of software, processing power, and disk storage capacity.
The technology, "policy-based management of a redundant array of independent nodes," is employed in Archivas Cluster[TM] (ArC[TM]) software, which provides object-based storage for the long-term preservation and protection of digital assets.