Previously known as Reduced Space Symbology (RSS) barcodes, GS1 DataBar has been endorsed by GS1 for global, unrestricted trade item identification from 1 January 2010 onwards.
What does RSS stand for?
RSS stands for Reduced Space Symbology
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of RSS
We have 524 other meanings of RSS in our Acronym Attic
- Rec.sport.soccer (newsgroup)
- Recall Sensor/Store System
- Receipt, Store and Stage (bioterrorism response)
- receive-side scaling
- Received Signal Strength (wireless communication)
- Recombination Signal Sequence
- Recording and Streaming Server (video conferencing)
- Recovery Support Services (various locations)
- Recruiting Substation
- Redside Shiner (fish)
- Redundant System Slot
- Refugee Social Services (various organizations)
- Regiae Societatis Sodalis (Fellow of the Royal Society)
- Regimental Support Squadron
- Regional School System
- Regional Spatial Strategy (UK)
- Regional Supply Squadron
- Regional Surveillance System (VSS)
- Regional Switch Surveillance (Sprint)
- Registered Shoeing Smith (farriers)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In May and June I discussed the opportunities that our industry will enjoy if we aggressively adopt and use Reduced Space Symbology for coupons, prescription drugs and perishables.
District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin in Madison, Wisconsin, relates to Intermec's infringement of Symbol patents regarding the decoding of Reduced Space Symbology (RSS)-14 stacked bar codes and PDF417 two-dimensional bar codes.
A recent study conducted by Pinpoint Data on behalf of the Joint Industry Coupon Committee found that Reduced Space Symbology (RSS) bar codes on coupons do not take longer to scan at the point of sale than bar codes being used today.
UCC standards such as Reduced Space Symbology (RSS), Global Trade Item Number (GTIN), and Global Location Number (GLN).
BTI) and The NOSCO Printing Group have joined forces to facilitate the bar coding of drugs and medical products with reduced space symbology (RSS) bar codes.
This includes Reduced Space Symbology, the tagging of products that are too small for conventional UPC symbols, as well as, UCC barcode wizard and composite component symbology.
One of the technology trends that we're incorporating is Reduced Space Symbology (RSS), the new bar code standard that allows for more information to be encoded within the bar code.