Researchers studied variation in red cell distribution width, finding that social factors may be influencing the biomarker.
What does RDW stand for?
RDW stands for Red Cell Distribution
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of RDW
We have 34 other meanings of RDW in our Acronym Attic
- Radio Delta Velletri Stereo (Italian radio station)
- Rapid Deployment Voice Switch(ing)
- Rio das Velhas SuperGroup (geology; Brazil)
- Reliability Design Verification Test
- Radio Dunkle Welle (Internet radio)
- Rapid Development Workshop
- Real Debate Wisconsin (political blog)
- Recht Der Wirtschaft (German: Law of the Economy)
- Record Descriptor Word
Samples in periodicals archive:
The MCV correlation would be expected to be good as the values are determined from the red cell distribution plot.
9 g/dL; mean corpuscular volume (MCV): 66 fL; red cell distribution width (RDW): 20.
The specimen comes to your lab and is processed in the normal fashion -- automated CBC and indices, including the mean cell volume (MCV) and red cell distribution width (RDW).
6]/[micro]L Hemoglobin (Hb), g/dL Hematocrit (Hct), Mean corpuscular volume (MCV), fL Mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH), pg Mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC), g/dL Red cell distribution width (RDW), [FIGURE 2 OMITTED] [FIGURE 3 OMITTED] Of these, Hb (or Hct) and MCV are critical.
In all subjects, various laboratory variables were obtained, including a complete blood count, red cell distribution width, C-reactive protein, alanine aminotransferase, serum creatinine, serum iron, transferrin, transferrin saturation, and ferritin.