Telintra has been shown to cause clinically significant and sustained reduction in red blood cell transfusions, transfusion independence and multilineage responses in MDS patients.
What does RBCT stand for?
RBCT stands for Red Blood Cell Transfusion (neurosurgery)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RBCT
- Red Book Credit Services
- Remote Bar Code Sorter
- Remote Bar Coding System
- Revised Battlefield Communications System
- Russell Byers Charter School (Philadelphia, PA)
- Ribulose Bisphosphate Carboxylase/Oxygenase Small Subunit 2 (gene)
- Rare Breed Club of South Western Ontario
- Randomised Badger Culling Trial (UK ecology experiment)
- Randomised Biomarker-Controlled Trial (patient trial)
- Red Black Chartreuse Tiger (fishing lure)
- Reserve Binding Capability of Transcortin (cardiology)
- Richards Bay Coal Terminal (South Africa)
- River Bend Career and Technical Center (Vermont)
- Red Blood Cell Cation Transport Systems
- RosBusinessConsulting Television (Russian business TV channel)
- Red Blood Cell Unit (hematology)
- Richfield-Bloomington Credit Union (Minnesota)
- Russian Bird Conservation Union (Saratov, Russia)
- Red Blood Cell Velocity
- Red Blood Cell Volume (biology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It was hoped that red blood cell transfusions would offer a safe alternative.
We believe that the bioactive components of packed red blood cell transfusions are initiating or amplifying these inflammatory processes in the body.
Clinicians should "individualize dosing and use the lowest dose of ESA [erythropoiesis-stimulating agent] sufficient to reduce the need for red blood cell transfusions," the agency said.
The goal is to individualize therapy and use the lowest dose possible to reduce the need for red blood cell transfusions," said John Jenkins, M.
Today, most patients with a major form of thalassemia receive red blood cell transfusions every two to three weeks, amounting to as much as 52 pints of blood a year.
However, because of the low blood counts, he was started on platelet and red blood cell transfusions.
Cardiovascular and metabolic response to red blood cell transfusion in critically ill volume-resuscitated nonsurgical patients.