We read with interest the article by Lippi and colleagues (1) on the relation between red blood cell distribution width (RDW) and inflammatory biomarkers in a large cohort of unselected outpatients.
What does RBcdw stand for?
RBcdw stands for Red Blood Cell Distribution Width
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Royal Berkshire College of Clinical Hypnosis (Wokingham, UK)
- Royal Bank of Canada Capital Markets (investment bank)
- Reactor Building Closed Cooling Water
- Raines, Buechel, Conley & Dusing (law firm; Kentucky)
- Red Blood Cell Deformability (hematology)
- Red Book Compact Disc (specifications standard)
- Reformed Baptist Church Directory (website)
- RBC Dominion Securities
- Royal Bank of Canada - Dominion Securities
- Rural Business and Cooperative Development Service (USDA)
- Rat Brain Capillary Endothelial (cells)
- Rule-Based Classification Engine
- Rainier Beach Community Empowerment Coalition (Washington)
- Rat Brain Capillary Endothelial Cells
- Royal Bank of Canada Europe Limited
- Red Blood Cell Exchange Transfusion
- Radio Bearer Control Function
- Rancho Bernardo Community Foundation (California)
- Real Blue Carbon Fiber
- Red Blood Cell Folate (hematology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
RBC count and red blood cell distribution width (RDW) [14,15] were obtained with Coulter Counter and the other discrimination indices were calculated by using RBC indices as defined below: Mentzer Index (MI): MCV/RBC , Shine and Lal Index (S&L): MC[V.
NEW ORLEANS -- Red blood cell distribution width appears to be a significant predictor of stroke mortality, according to data obtained from the third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.