Similar recycling efforts have been used for up to 20 years in some states, but Illinois has been slow to adopt specifications that allow for the use of recycled asphalt shingles.
What does RAS stand for?
RAS stands for Recycled Asphalt Shingles
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of RAS
We have 411 other meanings of RAS in our Acronym Attic
- Readiness Assessment System (GCCS)
- Rear Area Security
- Reasonable Articulable Suspicion
- Rebellion Against School
- Receiver Adjacent Signal
- Recirculating Aquaculture System
- Reclamation of Alkali Soil
- Record Association System
- Recovery Activation Signal
- Recursive Acronym Syndrome
- Redundant Acronym Syndrome
- Reference Assembly Sequence
- Reflection Anisotropy Spectroscopy (optical probe)
- Refractive Aberrated Simulator
- Regimental Aid Station
- Regimental Aviation Squadron
- Regional Affairs Strategist (US Air Force)
- Regional Air Services (airline; Tanzania)
- Regione Autonoma di Sardegna (Italy)
- Registered Addiction Specialist
Samples in periodicals archive:
And in the realm of research and technology delivery, FHWA is spearheading a number of activities related to recycling and beneficial reuse of industrial byproducts, such as recycled asphalt shingles, fly ash, spent foundry sand, taconite mine material, and steel slag.
Using recycled asphalt shingles in hot mix asphalt (HMA) has been a developing technology for more than two decades with growing acceptance by both construction contractors and government agencies.
Joe Schroer is the MoDOT materials engineer responsible for the development of its newly drafted specification for use of recycled asphalt shingles (RAS) in HMA.