Easter Aquhorthies stone sircle, near Inverurie, Aberdeenshire A recumbent stone circle about 4000 years old.
What does RSC stand for?
RSC stands for Recumbent Stone Circle
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RSC
We have 496 other meanings of RSC in our Acronym Attic
- Rapid Sternal Closure System (KLS Martin)
- RDT&E Support Complex (USAF)
- Readability of Source Code
- Readiness Support Center (USACE)
- Rebate Service Center LLC
- Reconnaissance Strike Complex
- Record Service Center
- Record Status Code
- Recreational Sports Club (various locations)
- Rectangular Slotted Container
- Recursive Systematic Convolutional (coding scheme)
- Red Shoulder Custom (Gundam/Votoms)
- Red Station Clock (US DoD)
- Reduced Shakespeare Company (comedy troupe)
- Reduced Slot Cycle
- Reed-Solomon Code
- Reed-Sternberg Cell (Hodgkin's lymphoma)
- Referee Stopped Contest (amateur boxing)
- Refractive Surgery Clinic
- Refueling Sequence Chart
Samples in periodicals archive:
The henge is one element in a complex landscape which began around 2450-2150 BC with an avenue of standing stones leading north from a cist cemetery through an arc of monoliths to a possible recumbent stone circle.
The penultimate chapter is dedicated to an extensive historiography of recumbent stone circle studies and an attempt to track the origins and inspirations that led to the creation of this distinctive tradition.
Henshall's work developed from this and, with her surveys, the discussion of ring cairns and recumbent stone circles.
Thus the lunar orientations bear comparison with those noted at monuments in the Kilmartin Valley, the gradation of the stones demonstrate affinities with the Recumbent Stone Circle tradition of Aberdeenshire and the Garioch, while the passage elements relate to the Orkney-Cromarty passage-graves.
The first was Easter Aquorthies, a recumbent stone circle near Aberdeen, where a peculiar echo inside the ring appeared to originate from the large recumbent stone.