17) Common locations for colonic ischemia are found in the regions of splenic flexure which is supplied by a narrow terminal branch of the superior mesenteric artery, and the rectosigmoid junction which is supplied by a narrow terminal branch of the inferior mesenteric artery.
What does RSJ stand for?
RSJ stands for Rectosigmoid Junction
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RSJ
We have 19 other meanings of RSJ in our Acronym Attic
- Radar System Interface Unit
- Release Suspension for Issue & Use of Following Lots
- Red Sea Bream Iridovirus (fish disease)
- Red Sea Bream Iridoviral Disease
- Ridge Substrate Integrated Waveguide (electrical engineering)
- Rated Switching Impulse Withstand Voltage (power engineering)
- Roam Secure Information Exchange (Arlington, VA)
- Rancho San Justo Middle School (Hollister, CA)
- Rebecca St. James (musician)
- Recreational Sports Journal (Ashland University; Ashland, OH)
- Réseau Siggil Jigeen (French; Senegalese women's rights network)
- Robotics Society of Japan
- Rock Street Journal (India)
- Rolled Steel Joist(s)
- Rumah Sakit Jiwa (Malay: Mental Hospital)
- Roger Sylvester Justice Campaign (UK)
- Regime Switching Jump Diffusion (Financial Engineering Associates, Inc.)
- Rumah Sakit Jiwa Daerah (hospital; Medan, Indonesia)
- Regional Student Juried Exhibition (National Council on Education for the Ceramic Arts; Erie, CO)
- Rotterdam Ska-Jazz Foundation (band)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The presence of numerous radiopaque masses in the lower abdomen or the rectosigmoid junction, referred to as corn on the cob, is pathognomonic for lithobezoars (5), (7).
The biliary stent had migrated into the distal sigmoid colon just proximal to the rectosigmoid junction.
A computed tomographic (CT) scan of the abdomen and pelvis showed abnormal asymmetric thickening of the colon in the vicinity of the rectosigmoid junction.