Machine Gun, the MK 19 Grenade Machine Gun, and most recently the MK 777, a shoulder-fired recoilless rifle that is light, lethal, and affordable.
What does RCLR stand for?
RCLR stands for Recoilless Rifle
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of RCLR
We have 1 other meaning of RCLR in our Acronym Attic
- Regime Crimes Liaison Office (US State Department)
- Reports Control Liaison Officer
- Riverside Civic Light Opera (Riverside, California)
- Residual Code Linear Predictive Coding
- Rim Country Literacy Program (Arizona)
- Rural and Colonia Loan Program (Community Development Corporation of Brownsville; Texas)
- Russett Center Limited Partnership (Laurel, MD)
- Russian Conference on Logic Programming
- Russian Center of Laser Physics (Russia)
- Receive Count Limit Register (computing)
- Right Cardiac Lobe Resection (cardiothoraic surgery)
- Rutgers Center for Lipid Research (New Brunswick, NJ)
- Ramapo Catskill Library System (New York, USA)
- Real Canadian Liquor Store
- Research Committee of Legislative Specialists
- River City Love Squad (Louisville, KY)
- Rochester Central Lutheran School (Minnesota)
- Runway Centerline Light System
- Radio Communications Link Terminal
- Reduced Cadaveric Liver Transplants
Samples in periodicals archive:
From a nearby vacant building, insurgents attacked the embassy compound with rocket-propelled grenades, a recoilless rifle and small arm fire.
of homemade explosives, one 155 mm rocket, 29 mortar rounds, 18 recoilless rifle rounds, two rocket-propelled grenades and 345 heavy-machine gun rounds.
Having identified the weapon used by the gang as an 82mm recoilless rifle - designed for use against tank armour but often used to lob grenades at targets - the troops set about hunting its members down and stopping them in their tracks.
The subcategories of light weapons are: heavy machine guns, hand-held under-barrel and mounted grenade launchers, portable antiaircraft guns, portable antitank guns and recoilless rifles, portable launchers of antiaircraft missile systems, and mortars of a calibre less than 100 mm (UNGA 1997, para 25).
The randomness of the government fighter's fire was underlined on Friday at a battery made up of odds and ends of improvised rocket systems, a recoilless rifle, anti-aircraft guns and an armoured carrier parked on a rise a few hundred metres from the pocket's southern edge.
But within a few weeks, Gaddafi's soldiers switched tactics, abandoning their vulnerable heavy weaponry in favor of civilian trucks armed with machine guns or recoilless rifles, which proved difficult to identify and destroy from the air.
Besides destroying terrorists sanctuaries a huge cache of arms and ammunition was also recovered which include two 75mm Recoilless Rifles five 12.