The lender's rights under the Uniform Commercial Code to foreclose against co-operative apartments can be exercised without resort to the courts and not surprisingly is faster, easier, and less expensive than the traditional method of foreclosing against real property under Article 13 of the Real Property Actions and Proceedings Law.
What does RPAPL stand for?
RPAPL stands for Real Property Actions and Proceedings Law (New York State)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Remote Plasma-Assisted Oxidation (nitridation)
- Right Pulmonary Arterial Occlusion (test)
- Routine Post Anaesthesia Orders (nursing)
- Remotely Piloted Aerial Observer-Designator System
- Rat Prostatic Acid Phosphatase
- Regional Protected Areas Programme (International Union for the Conservation of Nature)
- Reserve Promotion Affiliation Program (US Marine Corps)
- Right Pulmonary Arterial Pressure
- Rural Physician Action Plan
- Rural Physician Associate Program (University of Minnesota; Minneapolis, MN)
- Rapid Policy Assessment and Response
- Rebuttable Presumption Against Registration
- Replacement Precision Approach Radar (UK)
- Reversed Passive Arthus Reaction
- Ruston Parks and Recreation (Ruston, LA)
- Radar Position Analysis System (software)
- Rear Parking Assist System (automobile feature)
- Regulatory Public Access System (US EPA)
- Remote Public Access System
- Remotely Piloted Air System (Royal Air Force; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Landlord contended that a notice to terminate is not required in a summary proceeding that is based on Real Property Actions and Proceedings Law 711(5) and 715(1).
Nevertheless, various judges in the courts of New York still are in conflict as to how FDCPA effects non-payment proceedings, particularly since New York State law also requires formal notices to be served upon defaulting tenants, such as the three-day notice of demand for rent as required by Real Property Actions and Proceedings Law (RPAPL), [section]711(2).
Law Requires Deposit The law, Section 745 of the Real Property Actions and Proceedings Law, states in part 2a: "In a summary proceeding upon the second request by the tenant for an adjournment, the court shall direct that the tenant post all sums as they come due for future rent and use and occupancy .
The Real Property Actions and Proceedings Law [sections] 1371 provides that without a deficiency judgment, the sale price (or market value of the property) satisfies the entire mortgage indebtedness.
The Appellate Term's interpretation of the Rent Stabilization Law and Real Property Actions and Proceedings Law was predicated upon the plain language of the statutes.
The necessary deviation from the Real Property Actions and Proceedings Law Section 711(2) was caused by a lower court decision in the Civil Court, New York County, which dismissed a landlord's case because the landlord had not made such a written rent demand but rather had made an oral demand for the rent.
Section 711 (2) of the Real Property Actions and Proceedings Law provides that "when a tenant has died while his lease is in effect and you do not receive rent, and there has not been the appointment of a representative such as an administrator executor, and no representative or person has taken possession of the premises, a non-payment proceeding can be started after three months from the date of death of the tenant by suing a surviving spouse, if there is one, or, if not, then one of the surviving issue or any of the distributees of the dead tenant.