Police commissioner Howard Broad has rejected the prospect, favouring the present system of officers having ready access to firearms when needed.
What does RA stand for?
RA stands for Ready Access
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of RA
We have 122 other meanings of RA in our Acronym Attic
- Rate Adaptation
- Rate Area (NANPA)
- Rate of Appearance
- Ration Allowance
- Rationalist Association (UK)
- Raufoss Ammunition (Norwegian ammunition headstamp)
- Ravenna (Emilia Romagna, Italy)
- Ray Allen (basketball player)
- Readiness Assessment (various organizations)
- Ready Alert
- Ready Analog
- RealAudio File (proprietary streaming audio compression format, Real Networks)
- Realidad Aumentada (Spanish: Augmented Reality)
- Réalité Augmentée (French: Augmented Reality)
- Realm Ability (Dark Age of Camelot on-line game)
- Realtor Associate
- Rear Admiral
- Rear Area
- Reasonable Accommodation
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ready Access has produced seven new drive-thru display windows.
They had ready access to international communications, ready access to travel, and so on.
Also included are interviews, background information, vendor presentations, a glossary of terms and an index for ready access to information.
Even individuals without ready access to the staff directory will be able to access members of the staff by dialing the first three letters of their last name.
Neurologists, oncologists, and other physicians also have ready access to potential drugs of abuse.
This step will eliminate confusion and ensure the greatest clarity for auditors; they now have ready access to current information from both organizations.
CopLink allows police to target violent criminals by linking various databases - including sex-offender registries, gang databases and inmate records - providing ready access to information that otherwise requires a time-consuming search through each system.