For K-12 and higher education principals and teachers, this volume describes the Reading First Teacher Education Network program conducted from 2003 to 2006 by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, initiated due to concerns about the lack of preparation for teaching reading and the desire to change methods to increase achievement.
What does RFTEN stand for?
RFTEN stands for Reading First Teacher Education Network (Washington, DC)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Radio Frequency Technology Division
- Regional Family Trial Docket (Middlesex Judicial District; Connecticut)
- Roses for the Dead (band)
- Radar Frequency Target Discrimination System
- Reader-Focused Text Evaluation
- Ready for the Enterprise
- Red Front of Tamil Eelamists
- Regular Full-Time Employee
- Remote Fiber Test Equipment
- Rapid Force Technology
- Ravers From The Future (trance)
- Regional Fugitive Task Force
- Remembering for the Future (The Holocaust Centre, Beth Shalom; UK)
- Research for the Future (Japan)
- Results-Focused Transition Framework (Liberia; UN)
- Rocky Flats Truth Force (protest group)
- Race for the Galaxy (board game)
- Reference Frequency Timing Generator
- Retreat from the Global
- Rods from the Gods
Samples in periodicals archive:
Genevieve High School for character education; Cleveland High School for its Academy of Media Art Technology; Shirley Avenue Elementary School as a NASA Explorer School; Gugu Mthembu, educator at the Sherman Oaks Center for Enriched Studies, for excellence in secondary school education; Amy Ennis, a student of Los Angeles Valley College, as a national champion in public speaking; and California State University, Northridge, for its Reading First Teacher Education Network.
Academic Decathlon; Arminta Parent Center for outstanding parent involvement, and California State University, Northridge, for the Reading First Teacher Education Network.