Video can make use of integrated services' resource reservation protocol (RSVP) to reserve bandwidth across an IP network, providing guaranteed service-quality levels.
What does RSVP stand for?
RSVP stands for ReSerVation Protocol
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of RSVP
We have 74 other meanings of RSVP in our Acronym Attic
- Regional Smoking Vehicle Program (Texas)
- Register, Select, Vote and Protect Your Vote
- Reinforcing Safety Values in People
- Relief Services for Veterinary Practitioners (est. 1992)
- Renewables for Sustainable Village Power
- Répondez S'il Vous Plaît (French: Reply, If You Please; commonly seen on invitations)
- Reports Scenario Verification Program
- Research and Supercomputing Visitor Program (National Center for Atmospheric Research)
- Research Society for Victorian Periodicals
- Research Study Volunteer Program
- Residential Street Vitality Program
- Resolve to Stop the Violence Project
- Resource Reservation Protocol
- Resources for Sexual Violence Prevention (University of Chicago)
- Respond So Very Promptly (satire)
- Responsible Social Values Program
- Restartable Solid Variable Pulse (rocket motor)
- Restoring Social Virtue and Purity (advocacy)
- Retired and Senior Volunteer Program
- Retirement Supplemental Voluntary Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the future, Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) will be mapped to Catalyst 5500/5000 series priority queues, ensuring timely delivery of time-sensitive intranet applications.
The core technology of policy-based network management is the result of more than two years of development work by the Intel Architecture Labs and is based on the Common Open Policy Service (COPS), Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP) standards.
1Qat Stream Reservation Protocol," continues Teener, "IEEE 802.
GigE is a viable solution for delivery of video and multimedia traffic given the widespread use of advanced video compression technology and Resource Reservation Protocols (RSVP).
But the IETF is also defining the Resource ReSerVation Protocol (RSVP), which is a means for controlling IP service levels.
248 voice over IP (VOIP), HDTV over ADSL2+ and FTTP, video on demand (VOD) using the bandwidth reservation protocol (BRP), and switched video services over both ADSL2+ and fiber to the premises (FTTP) broadband passive optical network (BPON) with a variety of optical network terminal (ONT) units, including the Siemens BPON family of solutions.
As the current IETF DS-TE draft does not define the Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) and Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP)-TE code points, and they are yet to be specified by IANA, interim codes were defined in the test plans developed jointly by Isocore Internetworking Lab members.