Psychologist, writer, and teacher, Ellis pioneered a remarkable left-turn in standard psychoanalysis in the 1950s which he named Rational Emotive Therapy (later renamed Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy or REBT).
What does RET stand for?
RET stands for Rational Emotive Therapy
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of RET
We have 74 other meanings of RET in our Acronym Attic
- Reduced Surface Field
- Russian Earth Resourcing Satellite
- Russian Earth Observation Satellite
- Resistance Seam Welding-High Frequency
- Resistance Seam Welding-Induction
- Race Equality Scheme Working Group (UK)
- Radial Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy
- Rare, Endangered and Threatened (plant conservation)
- Rat Exposure Test
- Reactor Effluent Temperature
- Real Estate Trust (various locations)
- Rearranged During Transfection Protooncogene
- Record Element Type (computing)
- Refined Elliott Trader (stock trading software)
- Régie d'Electricité de Thônes (French: Thônes Board of Electricity; est. 1931)
- Regional Emergency Transportation
- Regional Enforcement Team
- Registered Engineering Technologist (Canada)
- Registered Environmental Technician (NEHA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
1591023548 The myth of self-esteem; how rational emotive therapy can change your life forever.
In short, to facilitate the rehabilitation counseling process and growth in the client, rehabilitation counselors may assume either a counselor-client approach, in which both partners are active participants in the learning process (as espoused by Rogers); or a counselor-centered approach may be employed as in the case of reality therapy and rational emotive therapy.