Cost: $200 to $500 for an eight or ten-week series Evidence: Tai chi is endorsed by the Arthritis Foundation to help reduce pain and improve range of motion.
What does ROM stand for?
ROM stands for Range Of Motion
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ROM
We have 172 other meanings of ROM in our Acronym Attic
- Recoverable Orbital Launch System
- Recycled Organic Living Soil
- Reinverting Operating Lens System (Volk Optical, Inc.; Mentor, OH)
- Research on Language and Social Interaction (Journal)
- Roland Simulation
- Romanian Lego Users Group (est. 2007)
- Record of Lodoss War (anime)
- Raad van Overleg in de Metalektro (Dutch)
- Radio Organisatioun Medernach (Luxembourg radio station)
- Random Oracle Model (cryptography)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Although the range of motion may increase, stiffness may still be present.
Just be sure your activity is limited to getting range of motion back--do not go all out yet.
The girls simply have an incredible range of motion -- their bones, muscles, and other body tissues work together to help them bend farther, arch higher, and stretch more (much more) than most of us can.
The device was initially used in the immediate postoperative period, with the stated outcome being a reduction in length of hospital stay and improved long-term range of motion.
The new study concluded that allograft implants sterilized by the Clearant Process achieved full recovery of range of motion at one year; the study evaluated two groups of patients who underwent ACL reconstruction surgery and the results were statistically equivalent despite the fact that the study examined the non-sterile implant group at 24 months post-op, offering further recovery time, as opposed to 12 months post-op for the sterile Clearant Process group.
The manual keeps referring to active assistive range of motion (ROM).
Bryant said he has his full range of motion, but noted glibly, ``It just hurts in that range of motion.